Deputy Sector Navigator partners with regional community colleges to provide the best employer training solutions in the region. Learn More »
About CACT/Doing What MATTERS for Jobs and the Economy
Formely called the Central Valley Center for Applied Competitive Technologies (CACT) initiative evolved into Doing What MATTERS for Jobs and the Economy Initiative and is supported by the California Community College Chancellor’s Office Economic & Workforce Development.
Deputy Sector Navigators, formerly known as CACTs are serving manufacturing and technology companies throughout the State of California. Through this network, local business can have access to training and many useful resources.
Find Training will provide contact information for the 13 community colleges that partner with the Deputy Sector Navigators may be able to respond to your local training needs.
Businesses benefit from:
- On-site customized training is designed to meet the specific needs of manufacturers, technology companies and related businesses.
- Training in popular topics such as front-line supervisory training, PLC, motor controls or basic math can be arranged for multiple manufacturers at the same time to offset training costs.
- Your local community college may also be able to connect your company with grant funding to off-set the investment in employee training.
- Thirteen Community Colleges in the San Joaquin Valley work in partnership with the DSN to meet regional industry needs.
- Links to industry resources as well as other California Community College programs and regional workforce systems.
Other California Community College Resources for Business & Manufacturing:
- Economic & Workforce Development
- Advanced Manufacturing and Advanced Technology Initiative
- Centers of Excellence Industry reports
- Workplace Learning Resource Centers (WpLRC)
College of the Canyons
26455 Rockwell Canyon Rd.
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Joe Klocko, CACT Director
Phone: (661) 362-3111
San Diego City College
1414 Park Blvd., Room T-216
San Diego, CA 92101-8747
Trudy Gerald, CACT Director
Phone: (619) 388-3730
De Anza College
Professional & Workforce Development
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
Ellen Miller, CACT Director
Phone: (650) 949-7795
College of the Sequoias
915 S. Mooney Blvd.
Visalia, CA 93277
Louann Waldner, CACT Director
Phone: (559) 737-4838
El Camino College
13430 Hawthorne Blvd.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
David Gonzales, CACT Director
Phone: (310) 973-3170
5000 Rocklin Rd.
Rocklin, CA 95677
Carol Pepper-Kittredge, CACT Director
Phone: (916) 660-7801