Deputy Sector Navigator partners with regional community colleges to provide the best employer training solutions in the region. Learn More »
Front Line Supervision« Back to Course ListManufacturing
Download Course PDF
Date Time Location Hours Cost Request Info 06/24/2013 12:00 am College of the Sequoias 32 Hours $200
OverviewCongratulations! You are the supervisor….the manager…the foreman…the lead...the boss. You are no longer just the doer. You now have the responsibility to get things done by working through and with other people, without doing it all yourself. You are (or have been) embarking upon one of the greatest challenges (and transitions) you will ever make in your professional life. In short, you have been put in a leadership position. You have a choice: will you choose to be “the boss” or will you accept the challenge of becoming a leader?
- Clarify the scope and nature of a supervisory position and learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
- Recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, your team, and your organization.
- Develop an appreciation of the various strengths others bring to the table and your role in recognizing and developing the strengths of those on your team.
- Understand the critical role of communication in being effective, motivating your team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict.
- Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision and leadership.
- Learn strategies in planning and prioritizing effectively.